Thursday 24 March 2016

Quilt Story - making something out of scraps!

I am trying to keep my scraps under control and thought a good way to do that was to use them to make quilts for Siblings Together.

I started making some little nine patch blocks last year.  I used my aqua, lime green and purple scraps for this project, plus Kona snow for the alternate squares.

I had them up on my small design wall behind the door to my sewing room.




They sat there patiently waiting their turn.

I recently decided that I would adopt them as a leader/ender project and gradually work my way through them.

But that is not in my nature....




They became my project and I soon had another quilt top ready to quilt up for Siblings Together.



I found some beautiful purple backing fabric.




I decided to quilt a cross hatch on the main part and just diagonal lines in the border.  I finished the quilt using the backing fabric as my binding!  




And there we have another quilt for Siblings Together.  









I linked this finished quilt for Siblings Together to the Quilt Link Up as part of the tally towards our 100 quilt target.  If you finish a quilt for the charity please link too - it will help us to count up how close we are to our target   !


Siblings Together Quilt Linky Party





1 comment:

  1. beautiful quilt, great way to work through scraps.

    ReplyDelete