Thursday 4 February 2016

A quilt story from Jude!

Have you got a Siblings Together quilt story to tell?

If so, follow Jude's example and send us your text and photos, and we will publish it here on the blog.
I'm sure you will enjoy seeing what Jude has to share - thanks Jude! 

Hi, my name is Judith from Just Jude and it has been my privilege to be involved in Siblings Together from its inception.

When Lynn first put out the call for quilts, the response grew and grew.  At that time I was co-running a charity quilting bee called Bee Blessed, and the ladies there also got behind Siblings Together.



One of the highlights of the 2013 Fat Quarterly Retreat was seeing the donated ST quilts being handed over to Delma (from the Siblings Together charity).

And then started the Siblings Together Bees!  What a brilliant idea to get even more quilts made each year!

Last year I had the opportunity to join the Siblings Together Bee 2, and have had great fun making a wide range of blocks. 


In September I was Queen Bee, and I set the Mama Hen block from Lori Holt's book 'Farm Girl Vintage'.

Mama Hen for STB2 - Sept15

My bee mates didn't disappoint, and a lovely family of hens came home to roost with me in Belfast!
I've recently got the quilt top to this stage, just needing to add a border to bring it up to size!

Mama Hens (Siblings Together Bee 2)


Also last year, I contributed another girly quilt to the 2015 ST camps, after being donated some fabric from a friend in Ireland.


Scrappy quilts are my favourite kind!  I always think something magical happens when seemingly 'random' prints and colours are unified with a background fabric or some other common denominator.

It is my hope and prayer that the time, love and joy that goes into making these quilts will be transferred as comfort and blessing to the children who receive them.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks N. I'll take some pics of the quilt backs that are left (the ones Sarah bought for ST) and send you another post soon. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contributions Judith, these will be well loved quilts I'm sure.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great contributions Judith, these will be well loved quilts I'm sure.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wonderful. Lovely quilts for a fantastic cause!

    ReplyDelete